A grammar worksheet for students to practice modals paraphrasing sentencesSugerencia de uso
1. Download the file and make copies for students.
2. Divide the class into pairs and give each pair an appropriate set of cards.
3. Explain to the students that half of the card (in italics) is done – these are the answers for the partner.
4. Try sentence 1 to model the activity, e.g. I think it’s necessary for you not to believe in everything he says. = You mustn’t believe everything he says.
5. The students write the paraphrased sentences in bold using modal verbs.
6. Ask students to check each other in pairs.
NOTE: Depending on the level of the group the students can start in turns without writing the paraphrased sentences.
Compartir MED en classroom: