A topic for students to explore in a debateSugerencia de uso
1. Download the file and make copies for students. You may also project it but it is better if students have the printed page to write some notes on the same page.
2. Ask students what they think of their schools, the courses, the program, etc. Encourage students to be critical but objective at the same time.
3. Tell students this is controversial topic “secondary schools should be co-educational” (Co-educational means having male and female students being taught together in the same school or college rather than separately) and they are going to prepare an argument for or against it. This is practice on preparing and gaining confidence, not necessarily about presenting the topic and debating.
4. Distribute the text and read the information with students.
5. Ask them to write their answers.
6. Monitor and offer help as needed.
7. Ask students to work in groups of three and compare their answers, then give their opinions in a simple way.
Compartir MED en classroom: