A graphic for students to read and interpret its meaning and detailsSugerencia de uso
1. Download the file and make copies of page 37 for students to read and write notes.
2. Students are going to explore a graphic in this document by “Consejo Nacional para Prevenir la Discriminación” (CONAPRED).
3. Ask students, what are the reasons why people are discriminated in Mexico?
4. Distribute the graphic and even if it is black and white, students can read and have an idea of what the situation is. Focus on the question, “Personally, have you ever felt that your rights were not respected for (…)?” and see the results.
5. Read the left column and discuss the categories with students.
6. Ask questions, how can somebody be affected by not having money / their age / their dressing style in their rights?, what does ‘the color of your skin’ 15.0% / ‘your accent while talking 81.6% / their religion 16.9% mean?
7. Ask students to write 3 questions to ask their classmates and family at home about discrimination and report answers to the class.
Compartir MED en classroom: