An official document for students to explore the introductionSugerencia de uso
1. Download the file and make copies of page 11 for students to read and write notes.
2. Students are going to explore the first page of the introduction of this document by “Consejo Nacional para Prevenir la Discriminación” (CONAPRED).
3. Ask students what discrimination is and how people are discriminated against.
4. Distribute the text and ask students what the CONAPRED is and what its role in Mexican society is (National Council to Prevent Discrimination in English).
5. Ask students to answer these questions,
1) This report was published in 2010, when was the right to non-discrimination first included in the Mexican Constitution?
2) When was CONAPRED created in Mexico.
3) What is CONAPRED responsible for?
4) What is a ‘survey’?
5) What was this survey about?
6) Monitor and offer help as needed.
7) Ask students to check and compare their answers in pairs.
8) Discuss with the class the information they got.
Compartir MED en classroom: