A text about Mercury for students to explore and interpretSugerencia de uso
1. Download the file and make copies for students. There are 2 pages to print, the reading and the questionnaire.
2. Ask students if they know about the Solar System and particularly about Mercury.
3. Distribute the worksheet and ask students to read the text, or read it with them and make pauses to help with vocabulary.
4. Ask students to underline the sentences they consider important in each paragraph.
5. Invite students to read their sentences and compare them to the ones their classmates underlined.
6. Ask students to think of a possible question to go with the information they underlined, i.e., “Mercury is the planet nearest the sun.” Which planet is nearest the sun? What’s the name of the planet nearest the sun?.
7. Ask students to share 1 or 2 of their questions with the class and make a list on the board for them to see how much information in different ways they can get by asking the right questions.
8. Distribute page 2 with the questionnaire, and answer it with the class. You may also give it as homework and check answers next class.
Compartir MED en classroom: