A vocabulary activity for students to review vocabulary about Mexican foodsSugerencia de uso
1. Download the file and make copies for students.
2. Ask students to mention different Mexican foods, as many as they can think of.
3. Distribute the worksheet and draw students’ towards the group of words at the bottom of the page. Talk about the word ‘tamale’ and explain that in the USA they mean ‘tamales’ by that.
4. Ask students to check the foods they usually eat at home, and a cross for the foods they don’t like to eat.
5. Ask students to search the words but set a time limit. They will notice that the word ‘frijoles’ and the word ‘beans’ are there, explain that in the USA both names are used.
6. When time is up, ask students to compare their activities with other students and talk about the foods ‘I don’t like ‘jalapeño’ or ‘menudo’, etc., and “ I like tacos, or taquitos, “ etc.
Compartir MED en classroom: