A map for students to label counties in a mapSugerencia de uso
1. Download the file and save it on your computer. This is a complete set of lessons about Argentina. You may find some interesting ideas to teach about other countries as well but print only page 9 “Los países de América”.
2. Distribute the map and draw students’ attention towards the list of countries to the left. At this point they must be familiar with most of the names, however, the objective of the lesson is not they are experts in geography but that are able to explore the map and identify North, Central, and South America.
3. Ask students to find the countries on the map by matching the names to their place on the map.
4. Monitor and offer help as needed.
5. Ask questions simple questions such as “Where’s Mexico? (North America), Where’s Peru? (South America), Where’s Guatemala? (Central America).
6. Ask students to work in pairs and color the countries as you indicate, color in yellow two countries that start with C, color in blue a country that starts with E, color in green three countries that start with B, color in red a country that starts with M and color in orange two countries that starts with P.
7. Check the exercise with the class.
Compartir MED en classroom: