An experiment with instructions to exploreSugerencia de uso
1. Download the file and make copies for students.
2. Discuss with students the title of the experiment “Fireworks in a jar”.
3. Ask students to
· Count the number of materials they need and name them (draw their attention towards the pictures)
· count how many steps to the instructions there are,
· find the ‘action words’ (imperatives)
4. Read the instructions with/for the students and help with vocabulary as needed.
5. Draw students’ attention towards the two pictures at the bottom of the page and ask them what they represent (beginning of the experiment and the result)
6. Read the instructions again aloud for students to draw illustrated instructions.
7. Invite students to swap their instructions with other students and read them.
8. Ask students to do the experiment at homework and report to the class the next session by drawing a picture.
Compartir MED en classroom: