An experiment with instructions to exploreSugerencia de uso
1. Use the beam projector to show the comic strip. This time, the experiment is presented in a different format for students.
2. Draw students’ attention towards the characters on the left and the list of materials.
3. Ask them “what materials do you need for this experiment?” (an old CD, blue tack, a sports cap from a drinks bottle, a balloon)
4. Ask students to read silently the comic strip and identify what this experiment is about. It is pretty obvious that they will be able to ‘read’ the pictures and find the answer. It is a hovercraft, teach the word.
5. Ask students to help you make a list of the materials on the board, then, the instructions.
6. Ask students what words they need first in order to write the instructions (imperatives) and start writing them on the board.
7. Ask students why materials are presented first, and then the procedure.
8. Read the instructions with students from the board.
9. Ask students to mime the making of the hovercraft.
10. Ask students to do the experiment at homework and report to the class next session by drawing a picture.
Compartir MED en classroom: