A story for students to listen and follow the readingSugerencia de uso
1. Use the beam projector to show the story and make sure you have a good set of speakers so students can listen to the story from where they are seated.
2. Draw students’ attention towards the title of the story and the picture ask them what they think it is about.
3. Ask students to listen to the story and follow it. You may want to print it as well and then, ask students to circle all the action words they find.
4. Make pauses for comments and questions students may have.
5. Ask comprehension questions. These are the original ones from the story on the same page:
1. What time of day is it in this story?
a. morning b. afternoon c. evening
2. How many chickens are on Farmer Tim's farm?
a. one b. five c. ten
3. The cows moved to the grass to
a. find the farmer b. look for the rake c. eat their breakfast
4. What happened when the trees got angry?
a. The rake woke up. b. The apples fell down. c. Farmer Tim came out.
5. Who wakes up the farmer at the end of the story?
a. Rowdy Rooster b. Daisy c. Chester Chicken
6. Ask students to retell the story in pairs.
Compartir MED en classroom: