Grammar review about modals of probability for deductionsSugerencia de uso
1. Download the file and make copies for students.
2. Tell students this is going to be a review of modals of probability they have been using along with the unit.
3. Draw students’ attention towards the box and talk about the modals and how they combine to make deductions in past.
4. Most importantly, talk about the % of probability with each one as presented in the box to the right.
5. Ask students to read the question on the left and find the matching sentences below, but warn them that 5 circles don’t match.
6. Monitor the activity and this time do not give them any feedback yet. Make students make sense of the context and work on their critical thinking skills.
7. Check answers with the class.
8. If you make corrections, guide students through the thinking process and find clues to show that answers in (obviously) not correct because …….
9. Ask students to write down 5 sentences using different modals of probability.
Compartir MED en classroom: