A writing activity for students to work with deductionsSugerencia de uso
1. Download the file and make copies for students.
2. Distribute the worksheet and ask students to identify the characters on it.
3. Tell students to think of 4 possible past situations to go with the 4 pictures and to think of a possible line that shows deductions (might have/ could have)
4. Give students time to think about the situation and offer help with the organization of the ideas.
5. Students need to write a short paragraph to describe the situation, then, think of the line to write in the speech bubble. For example, in “Einsteins’ picture”, he is being interviewed about his theory of relativity. Einstein has a very bad memory and when he is asked about how he got to that conclusion and his famous formula he replies, “ Mmmhh. I don’t remember, it could have been the caffeine…” It is meant to be a joke, something funny. Discuss that with the class.
6. Monitor the activity.
7.Ask students to read their captions to the class and wait for reactions.
Compartir MED en classroom: