A reading activity for students to use clues in a riddle and use logicSugerencia de uso
1. Download the file and make copies for students.
2. Distribute the worksheet and draw students’ attention towards the picture of Einstein.
3. Tell students it’s believed that at a young age, Albert Einstein created this riddle. (Eventually, it made its way as a head-scratcher activity that even challenges your brightest students.)
4. Guide students through the activity, they need to use logic to solve the nationality, pet, drink, color, and hobby of each homeowner.
5. Ask students to read the 15 sentences to start gathering information to solve the riddle. Remind students that they do not necessarily need to start working with sentence 1 in order to find the answers so suggest they circle pieces of information they find easy to work with first and start writing it in the correspondent column.
6. This note comes in the original instructions, “Because of its difficulty, we have provided answers to Einstein’s riddle below. But if you’re brave enough, you can give it a shot with just the clues.”
Einstein’s Riddle Questions
1. The British man lives in the red house.
2. The Swedish man keeps dogs as pets.
3. The Danish man drinks tea.
4. The German plays soccer.
5. The green house’s owner drinks coffee.
6. The owner who plays baseball has birds.
7. The owner who plays basketball lives next to the one who keeps cats.
8. The Norwegian lives in the first house.
9. The owner who plays the violin drinks beer.
10. The owner of the yellow house plays the piano.
11. The owner living in the center house drinks milk.
12. The owner who keeps the horse lives next to the one who plays the piano.
13. The green house is on the immediate left of the white house.
14. The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
15. The owner who plays basketball lives next to the one who drinks water.
Einstein’s Riddle Answers
1. Norwegian, Yellow, Cat, Water, Piano
2. Danish, Blue, Horse, Tea, Basketball
3. British, Red, Birds, Milk, Baseball
4. German, Green, Fish, Coffee, Soccer
5. Swedish, White, Dogs, Beer, Violin
Compartir MED en classroom: