A vocabulary activity for students to work with creative thinkingSugerencia de uso
1. Download the file and make copies for students. There are two exercises o the same page, the second part is for this session.
2. Ask students if they like mystery stories and /or to solve mysteries.
3. Ask students how important clues are in solving a mystery.
4. Distribute the worksheet and ask students to work individually.
5. Students need to spell a 5-letter word using the clues below so it is very important they read carefully and follow instructions.
6. Ask students to work on the clues and set a time limit. Try to set a short one.
7. When time is up, ask students to work in pairs and compare their clues so they can finish the activity.
8. The answer is PIRATE.
9. Ask students to write a similar ‘mystery word’ to challenge students in the class.
10. Monitor and offer help as needed.
Compartir MED en classroom: