A vocabulary activity for students to review the differences between ‘borrow’ and ‘lend’ in requestsSugerencia de uso
1. Download the file and make copies for students.
2. Distribute the worksheet and ask students to focus on the box with the definition of ‘borrow’ and ‘lend’.
3. Discuss the effect of these verbs in requests.
4. This is a controlled exercise for students to complete the sentences with the appropriate verb and learn the patterns.
5. Ask students to complete the sentences.
6. Monitor and offer help as needed.
7. Check answers with the class.
8. Ask students to work in pairs and choose 5 sentences from the list. Then, ask them to write one more sentence to complement the context. For example, 9. Peter won't _______his car to anyone…He loves his car very much and he is afraid somebody can crash or have an accident in it. It is a very expensive car
9. Ask pairs of students to share their sentences with the class and make corrections as needed.
Compartir MED en classroom: