An activity for students to understand and practice expressions to refuse requestsSugerencia de uso
1. Download the file and make copies for students.
2. Ask students in what situation they would give excuses and why.
3. Distribute the worksheet and draw students’ attention towards the expressions in the bubble.
4. Help with vocabulary as needed.
5. Ask students to match the expressions to their corresponding pictures by using it in a complete sentence like shown in the example ‘I have to take care of my mother.’ and check answers.
6. Continue with the model dialog at the bottom of the page.
7. Read the simple dialog and s and ask students to work in pairs.
8. Ask students to make substitutions and use as many different expressions as they can. Then, students work with different classmates and try different combinations in the dialogs.
Compartir MED en classroom: