An activity for students to understand how to use polite English in requestsSugerencia de uso
1. Use the beam projector to show the video.
2. Ask students what three expressions in Spanish they use in order to request for something.
3. Play the video and show students the information on ‘Polite English’ to discuss.
4. Ask students to copy the examples they see in the video in their notebooks. For example, “ DON’T SAY: I WANT A HAMBURGER.
SAY I’D LIKE A HAMBURGER. OR: I’LL HAVE A HAMBURGER, PLEASE.”
5. Make pauses to discuss with students the contexts (where the expressions are used) and the negative effects of using the incorrect expressions.
6. Ask students to work in pairs to read the expressions from the video, Student A chooses a sentence at random and Student B says if it is appropriate or not according to the discussion in class.
Compartir MED en classroom: