A game for students to practice identifying rhyming wordsSugerencia de uso
1. Use the beam projector to show the video. It is a rhyming game so invite students to participate enthusiastically and practice at the same time.
2. Review what rhyming words are and elicit some examples.
3. Play the first part of the video, where more examples are presented and ask students to listen to them, hat-bat / fish-dish / barn-yarn / duck –deer, etc, there’s a very short pause for students to identify if they rhyme or not so practice that with students ‘thumbs up, thumbs down’ to confirm.
4. The second part of the video and ask students to answer faster this time.
5. Write some of these words on the board and ask students to read them aloud and find a rhyming word by chanting do they rhyme-do they rhyme?
6. Play the activity one more time and have different students take turns and answer.
Compartir MED en classroom: