A poem in verse for students to exploreSugerencia de uso
1. Use the beam projector to show the video of the poem.
2. Say the title aloud and ask students what they think the poem is about.
3. These are the verses of the story/poem. Decide if you want to write them on the board or make copies for students.
My parents sent me to the store
To buy a loaf of bread.
I came home with a puppy
And a parakeet instead.
I came home with a guinea pig,
A hámster and a cat,
A turtle and a lizard
And a friendly Little rat.
I also had a monkey
And a mongoose and a mouse.
Those animals went crazy
When I brought them in the house.
They barked and yelped and hissed
And chased my family out the door.
My parents never let me
Do the shopping anymore.
4. Play the video and let students look at the story and follow it.
5. Ask students questions about the poem/ story, What store did the parents’ boy send him to? Where did he go instead? What animals did he bring to the house? What did the animals do in the house?
6. Ask students to find the rhyming words and make a list in their notebooks.
7. Play the poem again and ask the students to join in singing.
Compartir MED en classroom: