A story in verse for students to exploreSugerencia de uso
1. Download the file and make copies for students.
2. Distribute the story and ask students what they know about squirrels.
3. Tell them they are going to read a story about squirrels. Ask students to count the pictures (5), then say again the story is “Five Little Squirrels.”
4. Read the story for the students and help with vocabulary as needed.
5. Ask students to read the poem and circle the rhyming words.
6. Ask students to read the rhyming words aloud and listen carefully so they can identify the sounds.
7. Ask students to read the story by rows and talk about it, how many squirrels are there? Where did they go?
Compartir MED en classroom: