An activity for students to read nursery rhymes and explore themSugerencia de uso
1. Download the file and make copies for students.
2. Ask students what rhyme schemes are and what we use them for in poetry.
3. Tell students they are going to learn how to find it in a poem so distribute the worksheet.
4. Read the first part of the worksheet and explain to students the scheme, then, read the example twice.
5. Ask students to read the nursery rhymes and find the rhyming scheme. You may also want to read them for students to listen to you first, then, they read them themselves and work on the rhyming words.
6. Ask students to work in pairs and read the nursery rhymes to each other, then discuss why these poems are called 'nursery' rhymes.
Compartir MED en classroom: