A worksheet for students to practice identifying rhyming wordsSugerencia de uso
1. Download the file and make copies for students.
2. Ask students what 'rhyming words' are and discuss if this is typical of poetry only.
3. Distribute the worksheet and read the words in the box for students. You may want to read slowly for them to catch the pronunciation and repeat after you.
4. Do not work on vocabulary at this stage, leave it for later, and ask students to concentrate only on the rhyming sounds.
5. Read the words listed. Then, ask for some volunteers to read them again.
6. Ask students to find rhyming words to match. Monitor and offer help as needed.
7. Ask students to check their answers in pairs and when everybody has fished checking, read your answers for final confirmation.
8. Students read aloud the rhyming words.
9. Help with vocabulary.
10. Ask students to complete the second exercise in pairs which is writing the word that suits the definition.
Compartir MED en classroom: