A poem for students to read and reviseSugerencia de uso
1. Download the file and make copies for students.
2. Ask students what topics poems can be about.
3. Distribute the worksheet and ask students to read the tile, (Popular, Poplar) and ask if these two words sound alike. Why?
4. Read the first part of the poem with students and make pauses to make comments on the verses but do not take extra time giving long grammar explanations or vocabulary definitions.
5. Ask students comprehension questions, Is this poem about a tree? What type of tree? mention some things about this tree.
6. Ask students to read the second part of the poem by themselves and help as needed.
7.Ask students questions, what does Jack from "Jack and the beanstalk" have to do with this tree? Why do they mention "Alice"? "Alice" who?
Why is this tree so popular?
Compartir MED en classroom: