An activity for students to work with reading fluencySugerencia de uso
1. Download the file and make copies for students
2. Ask students if they are good readers, if they can read fluently in Spanish, and in English?
3. Distribute the worksheet and ask students to read the paragraph about ‘fluency’.
4. This exercise has 100 words and students are going to read it several times to gain practice in fluency.
5. Ask students to read the paragraph aloud and not to worry about reading quickly or not, just have contact with the text.
6. Ask some students to volunteer and do the activity in front of the class to model.
7. Set the timer for one minute and have the volunteers start reading. When the timer goes off, ask students to mark the last word they read.
8. The time is recorded in the chart.
9. Ask students to time their classmates and then swap roles.
10. Have students read three times and then discuss their times and how different they were.
Compartir MED en classroom: