A worksheet for students to work learn about ellipsis, its uses, and practice in the contextSugerencia de uso
1. Download the file and make copies for students.
2. Discuss with students the importance of punctuation marks in a written text and ask them to mention some of them.
3. Tell students they are going to work with ‘ellipsis’ individually.
4. Read the definition and examples with the class and clarify any doubts on their use.
5. Ask students to omit text or information and using an ellipsis.
6. Monitor and offer help as needed.
7. Ask students to sit in pairs and read their sentences to each other using the correct pauses to indicate where the ellipsis goes.
Compartir MED en classroom: