An activity for students to read and compare a scene in the original text and in a modern textSugerencia de uso
1. Use the beam projector to show the activity.
2. Ask students who wrote “Romeo and Juliet” and if they know what it is about.
3. Project the text and draw students’ attention to the left column and point at ‘original text’.
4. Ask students to identify the characters and read the first two lines. Wait for reactions.
5. Move to the right column and read the exact same lines, can students understand now?
6. Continue reading the scene, and have volunteers read the ‘modern text’ equivalent.
7. Ask comprehension questions about the scene to understand the general sense and details.
8. Ask students to identify words and expressions used in those times.
Compartir MED en classroom: