A grammar exercise for students to read an anecdote and complete with the appropriate tenseSugerencia de uso
1. Use the beam projector to show the interactive worksheet.
2. Review with students ‘past tense’ and ‘past continuous’ and talk about the difference in use.
3. Show the worksheet and tell students they need to complete this story by either using past simple or past continuous of the verbs in brackets.
4. Ask students to read the story silently and write their answers in their notebooks.
5. When they are finished, ask some volunteers to come to the front and type their answers.
6. If the answer is incorrect, ask the class to correct so the students can try the correct answer now.
7. When the story has been completed, ask the class some comprehension questions, such as “What happened to the lion? Where was the lion? What did the shepherd do? Why did the shepherd was going to be thrown into the lion’s cage? etc.”
Compartir MED en classroom: