An activity for students to explore anecdotes from a pictureSugerencia de uso
1. Download the file and make copies of the image for students. You could also use the beam projector and show it but it is better that they have it printed so they can write in the same paper the anecdote.
2. Ask students to describe the picture and help with vocabulary as needed.
3. Tell students this is a funny anecdote….and wait for reactions. Do not say anything else until they ask questions trying to find out more about it.
4. Tell students this man was on his way to work when….. etc. you may want to give them more incomplete phrases to guide them but do not give any complete sentences.
5. Write these two sentences on the board and ask students to think of some more ideas to complete the anecdote.
6. Tell students the central idea of this anecdote, “The man is allergic to bananas.”
7. Invite students to write on the same paper you handed, a short anecdote to tell the class. Encourage them to name the character and include some more details to the description.
Compartir MED en classroom: