A worksheet for students to work with rhyming wordsSugerencia de uso
1. Download the file and make copies for students.
2. Distribute the worksheet and ask students to work individually.
3. Draw students' attention towards the pictures on the left and elicit from students what those are.
4. Repeat the words several times for students to 'picture' the sound in their ears and head rather than their spelling.
5. Ask students to circle the word in the boxes that correspond to the picture, and then, circle other words that have the same sound. You may help students by reading the words for them to identify easily. Do not worry about meanings now, the activity is for them to discriminate sounds.
6. Read the 'picture' on the left and elicit from students the words that have the same sound/pronunciation.
7. Ask students to read the words aloud to other classmates.
Compartir MED en classroom: