A blank template for students to write an original shape poemSugerencia de uso
1. Download the file and make copies for students.
2. Distribute the worksheet and tell students they are going to write a shape poem but this time they will decide on the shape, i.e., if they want to write a poem about an apple or a shoe, they will write the shape and write the poem inside.
3. Elicit from students to think of words and ideas about the object or person they want to write about. Help as needed.
4. Ask students to think of rhyming words, if possible to include in the poem.
5. Give them an example, "MY MOM" My mom isn't tall but she is short, she doesn't like meat but tea, etc.
6. Ask students to be as creative and original to write 2 or 3 more verses.
7. Monitor and offer help as needed.
8. Invite students to read their poems in pairs, then, to another pair.
Compartir MED en classroom: