An activity for students to make complaints in different situationsSugerencia de uso
1. Download the file and make copies for students.
2. Divide the class into pairs and give each pair a set of cards. Tell the students to take six cards each.
3. Explain that the students are going to make complaints and requests using the words and pictures on their cards as prompts.
4. Write an example dialogue on the board, indicating the language the students should use. Example: A: Excuse me! There appears to be a fly in my soup. B: I’m very sorry about that. A: Could you bring me a new bowl? B: Certainly. One moment, please.
5. Tell the students to hold their cards so that the picture is facing them and the side they have written on is facing their partner.
6. Ask the students to take it in turns to hold up a card to their partner and make a complaint. Their partner apologizes appropriately and after that the student makes a request. When the students have finished, ask them to exchange cards and repeat the process. Finally, ask pairs of students to present the complaints to the class.
Compartir MED en classroom: