A worksheet for students to learn how to give directions to get from one place to another including cardinal points informationSugerencia de uso
1. Download the file and make copies for students.
2. Tell students that when giving directions and as part of a cultural process as well, in some countries giving directions include some reference to the cardinal points.
3. Distribute the worksheet and review the cardinal points with students as they answer the first part of the exercise.
4. Draw their attention towards the star and ask them to label first NORTH, SOUTH, EAST, WEST, then in pairs, ask them to label the rest of it with NE (northeast) SW (southwest), etc.
5. Monitor and offer help as needed.
6. Check answers with the class and continue with the last part of the worksheet: the opposite directions.
7. Invite pairs of students to share their answers with the class.
8. Use a map from their textbook or project one of the ones in the different MEDs in the unit to practice where some places are by using the cardinal points.
Compartir MED en classroom: