A map for students to explore locations and use prepositionsSugerencia de uso
1. Use the beam projector to show the map or print the map and make copies for students.
2. Read the sentences for students to find the corresponding places:
· The bookstore is beside the coffee shop.
· The movie theater is next to the library.
· The bus stop is near the school.
· The bakery is to the left of the supermarket.
· The pharmacy is to the right of the laundromat.
· The parking lot is behind the mall.
· The newsstand is in front of the subway station.
· The park is across from the school.
· The coffee shop is kitty-corner to the bank.
· The convenience store is around the corner from my house.
· My office is on Main Street.
· The doctor’s office is on the 8th floor.
· I live at 415 Main Street.
· The gas station is on the corner of Main and 41st.
3. Ask students to work in pairs and if necessary review the prepositions before the activity. Student A says “The bookstore is beside the_____? For Student B to complete. Students take turns and describe the location of all the places on the map.
4. Monitor the activity and make sure they are using the correct prepositions.
5. Invite some volunteers to tell the class where some places are by pointing at the place on the map and practice prepositions of place.
Compartir MED en classroom: