An animated video for students to review different exchanges when requesting and offering help in different situationsSugerencia de uso
1. Use the beam projector to show the video.
2. Review with students the different modals that can be used when asking for and offering help.
3. Play the video and pause it right after the first situation has been presented (at the hotel) for students to answer these questions, “ Who is asking for help and who is offering help? Can you identify the levels of formality in the dialog?”
4. Ask students to identify the expressions used to offer help.
5. The next part of the video shows the analysis of the expressions used and gives more examples. Decide how you want to present it, however, it is important that students write the expressions down and have a special section in their notebooks on this theme.
6. Play the third part of the video, a dialog between a couple, and ask questions, “What seems to be the problem? Who is helping who?”.
7. Finish the video by watching the description of the ‘informal language’ in this situation. You may want to give extra examples to students to feel comfortable with the structure.
8. Ask students to write a similar dialog in pairs and practice it with another pair.
Compartir MED en classroom: