An animated video for students to review the uses of MAY and CANSugerencia de uso
1. Use the beam projector to show the video.
2. Review with students the uses of CAN and MAY and the levels of formality they both show when asking for permission.
3. Play the video and ask questions, “ Where are they going? Why did the girl want to call her friend from the bus? How does she ask if can do it? What does the boy ask when he gets hungry?
4. Discuss students' answers and ask them to think of other possible questions with CAN or COULD the couple could ask in that situation,i.e., asking for help for example.
5. Write some of those questions on the board for students to copy in their notebooks.
Compartir MED en classroom: