A video for students to examine ways of asking for help, and for permission, using CAN and COULDSugerencia de uso
1. Use the beam projector to show the video.
2. Print the transcript for students so they can use it as a worksheet as well.
3. Distribute the transcript and tell students they are going to listen/read a conversation. Ask students who participate in the conversation.
4. Play the video and make pauses to give students the opportunity to ask questions about vocabulary.
5. Ask some comprehension questions, i.e., “Why is Oliver home early? What happened? What is he cooking? Who is Amy? Why is she celebrating ‘The Chins New Year’? Who is Sophie?”
6. Ask students to work in pairs and underline the requests and the different expressions that show ‘accepting’.
Compartir MED en classroom: