A grammar worksheet for students to practice THERE IS/WAS/ARE /WERE when describingSugerencia de uso
1. Download the file and make copies for students.
2. Review the present forms of BE on the board and elicit from students a couple of examples. Then, present or review the past form and contrast it with the examples given.
3. Talk about describing a scene and encourage students to look around and tell you how many different objects they see as they practice THERE IS / ARE.
4. Distribute the worksheet and ask students to work on the first section A using the simple past. Monitor and offer help as needed and make sure that you model the activity by using the first sentence as an example.
5. Check answers and clarify any doubts students may have.
6. Continue with exercise B (there was/were) and drive students to identify the forms are used to talk about a place and it looked like.
7. Check answers and clarify the concept if necessary.
8. Continue with exercise C: do this activity with the whole class by asking volunteers to help you make the questions.
Compartir MED en classroom: