A vocabulary and grammar activity for students to work on descriptions about Mexico and Mexican IndependenceSugerencia de uso
1. Download the file and make copies for students.
2. Distribute worksheet # 1: vocabulary.
3. Draw students’ attention towards the vocabulary box, read the words for them, and ask them to label the pictures with the corresponding words.
4. Ask students to exchange their worksheets and check their classmates’ answers.
5. Distribute the second worksheet and ask students to focus on the vocabulary given. Tel, them they need to write 12 sentences using those twelve words.
6. Write sentence #1 as an example using the word MEXICO. Elicit possible answers from your students and/or suggest and write, “I am from Mexico”, “My country is Mexico”.
7. Invite students to work in pairs and monitor the activity to help with grammar and vocabulary as needed.
8. Check answers with the class.
Compartir MED en classroom: