An animated video for students to understand the description of the Mexican Independence DaySugerencia de uso
1. Use a beam projector to show the animation.
2. Ask students when we celebrate Mexican Independence.
3. Play the video and ask students to listen to the information they give on Mexican Independence about September 15th and 16th.
4. Make pauses and paraphrase if necessary for students to gain listening comprehension and encourage them to confirm if the information is correct or not.
5. Ask questions such as, Who rang the bell of the church of Dolores? (Miguel Hidalgo), When did he ring the bell? (September 1810), Who was Miguel Hidalgo?, What does the President Yell in the celebration? (Viva México), How do we celebrate September 16th? (with a military parade), etc.
6. Play the video again and ask students to repeat some of the sentences for practice. Then, ask some volunteers to talk about the video, Mexican Independence by saying short sentences. Help as necessary.
Compartir MED en classroom: