A cultural video for students to learn how children in different countries of the world celebrate their birthdaysSugerencia de uso
1. Use a beam projector to show the animation.
2. Ask students when their birthdays are and if they always have birthday parties.
3. Tell students they are going to learn about how children from different parts of the world celebrate their birthdays and what they do as a tradition.
4. The first part of the video shows traditions from Argentina, China, Denmark, England, and India. Make several pauses to discuss with students about each country and help with vocabulary as needed.
5. Ask students to draw a visual organizer, a table, for them to record some information about the different birthday traditions. First, ask them to draw the flag of the country and then, write a few words (nouns and/verbs).
6. Monitor the activity and make sure students record pieces of information and talk about the countries with a classmate.
Compartir MED en classroom: