A catchy song for students to practice giving information about the communitySugerencia de uso
1. Use a beam projector to show the video.
2. Ask students how many different places in their ‘colonia’ they can name (elicit bank, supermarket, church, etc.)
3. Write on the board the title of the song in capital letters, “In my town, there are places to go…” and ask students to use some of those places mentioned to complete the sentence.
4. Play the song and draw students’ attention to the subtitles for them to follow.
5. Encourage students to sing along and if necessary make pauses for them to ask questions.
6. Play the song a second time, without sound, and sing along by clapping and dancing to the rhythm.
7. Ask students to write in their notebooks the lyrics of the song and use the places they have in their ‘colonias’ instead.
8. Invite students to read their paragraphs to the class.
Compartir MED en classroom: