Speaking activity for students to describe a situation or event in the pastSugerencia de uso
1. Download the file and make copies for students. Before class, cut the story along the dotted lines into 11 sentence strips. For a class of more than 11students, some students will double up with a partner.
2. Distribute the sentence strips randomly, and have your students memorize their sentences. (Give them a 2 or 3 minutes for this.)
3. Then, have them return the sentence strips to you, and then stand up. They should walk around the classroom and say their sentences to their classmates and try to figure out the order of the sentences. Have them write their sentences on the board – don’t insist on100% grammatical accuracy at this point.
4. Monitor the activity and offer some help if your students have difficulty.
5. You may repeat the activity one more time for students to gain more practice.
6. Have some volunteers narrate the experience and ask the class to listen to them attentively.
Compartir MED en classroom: