A video for students to learn how to report orders when talking about someone else’s experiencesSugerencia de uso
1. Use a beam projector to show the video.
2. Write on the board, ‘Close the window, please’, ‘Do not use a dictionary for the activity’, and ask students what they have in common (commands) and what they express.
3. Tell students that ‘orders’ (commands) can also be put in reported speech like any other statement so ask students to imagine that the above sentences were said by you and when the video is finished they are going to put them in reported speech.
4. Play the video and ask students to copy the examples given.
5. When the video finishes, ask students to complete the above sentences and also change the affirmative into negative and the negative into affirmative.
6. Ask students to also try the question form (yes/no question).
7. Have volunteers narrate the video and talk about reported commands.
Compartir MED en classroom: