A grammar worksheet for students to practice ‘say’ and ‘tell’ in reported speechSugerencia de uso
1. Download the file and make copies for students.
2. Elicit from students the differences between ‘say’ and ‘tell’ and write a couple of examples on the board.
3. Tell students these verbs are used when we are talking about a personal experience shared with you and you now want to talk about it with someone else.
4. Distribute the worksheet and ask students to work in pairs to complete the sentences.
5. Monitor and offer help with vocabulary s needed.
6. Invite two pairs of students to compare their answers and encourage them to discuss and correct their answers by themselves.
7. Read your answers to students and tell a volunteer to tell the class it was good work.
Compartir MED en classroom: