A crossword puzzle for students to practice vocabulary in American and British EnglishSugerencia de uso
1. Download the file and make copies for students.
2. Tell students they are going to review vocabulary in American and British English by working with a crossword puzzle.
3. Distribute the worksheet and ask students to work individually.
4. There are 16 pictures of words with their correspondent name in American English for them to write their equivalent in British English. Encourage students not to copy the answers from their notes or use a dictionary but to try their knowledge.
5. Set a (short) time limit and when time is up, ask students to complete their answers by working in pairs. Give them 2 or 3 minutes to get as many of the words they need and if they still need more words, give them a couple more minutes to mingle and get the rest of the British words.
6. Check answers with the class by calling the American word and having the class say the British word that corresponds.
Compartir MED en classroom: