A video for students to learn how to talk about a personal experience: a vacationSugerencia de uso
1. Use the beam projector to show the video. This video is a long one. I suggest that you use the first and second parts for this session.
2. Tell students they are going to practice how to share a personal experience such as a vacation.
3. Ask students where the last time they went on vacation was, with whom, where they went, etc. to prepare them for the first part of the video.
4. Play the video and start with part 1: how to give basic information on their vacation. Pause the video at 2:00 and give students time to write the sentences they are asked for and talk about the cultural differences between American and British English.
5. Check students’ sentences by having volunteers read their sentences and make corrections if necessary.
6. Invite students to work in pairs and read their sentences as if they were having a conversation about a vacation.
7. Continue with the next part of the video, ‘How to describe what you did on vacation’.
8. Invite students to answer the questions about what they like doing on holiday and then, to write down the vocabulary presented.
9. Make pauses to read, discuss the examples given, and help with vocabulary as needed.
10. Stop the video up to 6:00 and invite students to work on the examples.
Compartir MED en classroom: