A grammar worksheet for students to practice ‘Gerunds’Sugerencia de uso
1. Download the file and make copies for students. (This file has 2 pages, you will use the first one in this session, and the second on in the next session).
2. Tell students they are going to practice ‘gerunds’ talking about hobbies, free-time activities and interests.
3. Distribute the worksheet and review with students how some verbs take _ing as objects.
4. Draw students’ attention towards the box with some examples for them to write in affirmative, negative, and question form.
5. Check answers with the class and give short explanations in case they are necessary. Otherwise, drive students to notice how these sentences are formed.
6. Invite students to ask you the questions they wrote in exercise 1.
7. Work with exercise 2: students read and complete the dialogue using the information given in parenthesis.
8. Monitor and offer help as needed.
9. Invite students to read their dialogues in pairs and when they find different answers, ask them to raise their hands and clear doubts.
10. Have some volunteers to act out the dialog in front of the class.
Compartir MED en classroom: