A video for students to learn about how to talk about hobbies and interestsSugerencia de uso
1. Use the beam projector to show the video.
2. Ask students which free-time activities are the most popular in Mexico and list them on the board.
3. Play the video and pause it after the most popular activities in the UK and in the USA have been presented and discuss the information with the class. Then, compare them to the list on the board about Mexico.
4. Play the video and focus on grammar, ‘gerunds’, and the 1-2-3 form used I-like-cooking and elicit some examples from the class.
5. Continue with the next grammar section on DO, GO, PLAY, ask students to make a list of the expressions presented in their notebooks, and how they are used when expressing hobbies and interests.
6. Ask students to work in pairs and write 6 questions using DO, GO, PLAY (2 with each verb) to ask students in the class.
7. Ask pairs of students to ask 2 of their questions to three different pairs of students and try all their questions.
8. Invite students to share their information with you so you can make a list on the board of the 4 or 5 most popular activities of their class.
Compartir MED en classroom: