A grammar worksheet for students to practice ‘could (not) in talking about past abilitiesSugerencia de uso
1. Download the file and make copies for students.
2. Review modal of ability CAN in past COULD and what their negative and interrogative forms are.
3. Distribute the worksheet and ask students to read the paragraph individually and help with vocabulary if needed.
4. Then, ask students to choose T or F and discuss their answers with a classmate.
5. Give the answers to the class for general confirmation.
6. Invite students to complete the chart by writing the words in the correct group so they are true for them.
7. Ask students to raise their hand to your question, Who could play chess when you were 5?, who couldn’t speak English when you were 5? etc.
8. Ask students to unscramble the sentences on page 2 of the same file, and read the example for them.
9. Invite students to read their sentences to the class for general confirmation.
10. Give the last activity in the worksheet for homework.
Compartir MED en classroom: