A grammar worksheet for students to review modal for ability CAN and COULDSugerencia de uso
1. Download the file and make copies for students.
2. Distribute the worksheet and draw student’s attention to the boxes with the information.
3. Ask students what CAN express and what its past form is.
4. Take the opportunity to point that the ‘L’ in COULD is silent.
5. Invite students to find the time expressions in the 15 sentences and underline them so they can identify if the sentence is in present or past.
6. Check the expressions with students and invite them to complete the sentences in pairs.
7. Check answers by calling the numbers and students saying CAN or COULD.
Compartir MED en classroom: